6 PPC Issues That You Need to Avoid:
Nothing generates instant customers as fast as an effective PPC campaign. However, managing a PPC campaign isn’t always easy. In many cases, people end up wasting money, prompting them to think that something is wrong with the medium. On the contrary, more often than not the fault lies in the execution.
1. Using Too Many Keywords
Keywords form the crux of PPC campaigns. Studies suggest that only 20% of keywords generate sales, which indicates that the remaining 80% are hogging up your marketing budget. Therefore, you need to track your keywords and determine if they are generating the intended outcomes. Companies often end up with these extra keywords because they believe that bidding for more keywords would help them benefit from more opportunities. However, this strategy doesn’t work out for all cases and may affect your campaign in the long run. You are not only letting your budget be eaten, but also risking another dilemma: your keywords will show up for irrelevant keywords, earning unqualified clicks.
2. Underestimating the Power of An Impressive Ad Copy
One of the biggest PPC mistakes is the use of a monotonous and dull ad copy. Business-owners underestimate the significance of an impressive ad copy.
After selecting the target keywords, beginner PPC professionals search for competitor ads and attempt to copy it. Your competitor has a different brand identity. Thus, the copy that works for them is not necessarily going to work for you. In addition, the lack of originality means that your ads don’t stand out.
3. Overlooking Intent Signals
If you aren’t using intent signals for your campaign targeting, it can greatly hamper its performance. Understand the different ways your prospects interact with your brand at every stage of the sales funnel. Adjusting your campaign accordingly is critical for providing the right offer to your consumers.
Earlier, search marketers believed that searching a product-specific keyword was a quality intent signal. But, due to the self-serve and non-linear buyer journey, things have changed.
There is a difference in a prospect who watched the first 20 minutes of your company’s video on Facebook compared to someone who searched your product on Google with the intent to buy it.
For maximizing sales, pay attention to targeting people who display intent signals pointing towards the bottom of the funnel.
4. Your Clicks Fail to Generate Leads
This frustrates many in Google Ads. Prompting lots of clicks is good, but there is no use to get clicks from users who aren’t going to become leads.
In your sales funnel, lead generation is a stage that convinces people in the customer journey to buy from you. This stage is critical and is the key to making your PPC campaigns profitable. However, PPC advertisers tend to fail with lead generation, and can’t move beyond the brand awareness stage. This occurs due to the following:
- Your landing page is rife with issues.
- Your target approach needs improvement.
- Your prospects are bombarded with too many ads.
- Irrelevant search queries are triggering your ad.
5. Not Geo-Targeting
Even if you sell a product/service across the country, geo-targeting can ensure that your ads appeal to people on a personal level. People feel attracted to ads and brands that are personalized – something that speaks to them. This is true for both national and local companies. Google helps to geo-target ads from state to state. This means you can specify the home state of any user by modifying your ad’s header.
6. Not Optimizing Landing Pages
Users are routed to your landing page once they click on the ad. If the landing page isn’t optimized, it can diminish positive outcomes. A landing page needs to have a specific language about how the user has to take the next step .i.e. the call to action (CTA). Make sure the CTA compels them to schedule a consultation, sign up for your email or give you a call.
PPC campaigns are powerful enough to improve your brand visibility and exposure to a significant extent. When connected to the right landing page, PPC ads offer terrific results in terms of driving conversions and generating leads. However, it is important to work on a solid strategy prior to launching a PPC campaign. Or else, even little PPC mistakes can go on to cost you time and money.
Reach out to us if you are looking for a PPC company in the UK.